stewart v. motts v. cardinals

the student lounge at my law school is a sad excuse for any type of "lounge." random couches - relics of days gone by and best forgotten - are huddle in one corner by a tv. a few tables and unrelentingly uncomfortable chairs. two refrigerators. in the basement. the only redeeming quality it has is fleeting: the cardinals/ brewers game is playing on fox sports.

i claimed my couch, timbuk2 bag perched on one cushion, my self on the other. i pulled my torts book out of my bag totally ready to brief the two cases i read earlier today only to hear the tell-tale fox sports theme noise (yes, noise. to call it a song would do a great disservice to musicians and their industry). needless to say, torts went out the window. i made myself comfortable on my sad excuse for a couch and decided the cardinals were, in the long run, a lot more important than stewart v. motts.

to make it better, the study group behind me has spent the last twenty minutes predicting the cardinal's eminent demise (it can't go this well for them forever; there's no point in cheering for them when they have so many fans). i was tempted to turn around and say something, but i though a post into the internet world would be more fun.

it's unfortunate that the game doesn't qualify as a reason to miss class in milwaukee (oh yes. i missed school to watch the cardinals in my pre-graduate career in saint louis. and it was understood.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thingsitalkabout.