not tonight.

i'm supposed to be reading for contracts. i'm supposed to be reading about determining the scope and content of obligations and the "parol evidence rule." but i'm not. i'm relishing this moment of quiet. sirius is curled on my feet, pandora effortlessly pumping out my favorite combination of music, incense burning on my coffee table, and a lovely cup of tea is to my right. my phone isn't ringing, the tv's not on (even on silent), and my neighborhood seems comfortable settling into this dark evening.

i love fall. i was convinced we had skipped it entirely here in milwaukee. we dove head first into 38ยบ from the high 60s. luckily, fall came back for me. the leaves are changing and much to my delight, they often fall right onto an unsuspecting puppy who quickly readies to attack whatever has affronted him. my street is missing underneath a blanket of leaves that even passing cars can't throw off.

i love fall. it's a long-lasting affair and i have no intentions of ending it soon. or ever. we have a special bond made over camp fires and apple cider and field hockey kilts and the simple joy of a new backpack for school. it's return has helped to quell the consistently growing fear that i, in fact, have been in law school for almost eight weeks and have absolutely no idea how i'm doing or if what i am doing is enough or what enough actually is.

but tonight, i'm not going to let it worry me. not tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thingsitalkabout.