not so bad.

they said, "tell all your friends, your family, your significant other - tell them that you are going into hyper drive for the next six weeks. tell them you won't be able to talk to them as much." i'm certain my eyes became perfect saucers because the leader of the session nodded in my direction. i'm not sure if he was admonishing my disbelief and affirming my fear or attempting to tell me that it would all be okay.

either way, i left my session on taking exams (essay and short answer) wondering how in the world they think i am supposed to get through this mess of exams and cramming and the constant state of imminent tears without them - my friends, family, significant other. i dutifully returned to outlining my contracts class with a newly burning fire fueling my work ethic. please note: the fire has subsided and i am now blogging to avoid my contracts outline.

i'm through the second page our syllabus (which is, by the way 5.5 pages in length) and my outline is about thirty pages. it's taken me probably 24+ hours to get this far. at this rate, i should be finished by mid-january just in time for next round of 1L classes. they teach us that the law is objective, reasonable. it is not subjective. well, objectively speaking, this is a tad unreasonable.

nevertheless, i push on and relish the moments of utter delight when something clicks in my brain and the handful of cases that made no sense come falling right into place. i enjoy the solitude of working spread out in the library, pouring over textbooks way too large and the satisfaction that comes with knowing the answer to a professor's question (even when i don't get called on). for the most part, it's not as bad as they say. but i'll get back to you in a month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thingsitalkabout.